6 Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes
Prepare your Floor Cleaners easily at Home using some essential day to day items to make your floor look brand new, dirt and toxins free.
Are you Sick of buying expensive commercial Floor Cleaners?
Every Home, Office or any other workplace is required to be cleaned daily. But the commercial Floor Cleaners make it impossible to sanitize our floors at a reasonable cost. So, today is the day to say goodbye to those unreasonable expensive items and make your Floor Cleaner at Home. These remedies require the use of very well known and very often used daily things that are very easily accessible and can be purchased from nearby local grocery stores and supermarkets.
ALL SURFACES CLEANER
For making an All-Purpose Surface Cleaner,
- Take 2 cups of warm water
- Add ½ cup of white vinegar
- Add ¼ cup of rubbing alcohol and mix them well.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of Liquid dish Washing Soap
- Finally add 5-10 drops essential oil (like Tea tree Oil, Peppermint Oil) of your choice.
- Mix all the ingredients well for about 2 minutes.
There you have your homemade cleaner for all kinds of floors. This cleaner is highly effective on most of the joint surfaces like tiles, ceramic and glass floors. You can make and store this cleaning solution and use it for a long time.
WOODEN SURFACE CLEANER
For making homemade wooden surface Cleaner,
- Take about 3-4 litres of hot water.
- Add ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then add ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well for 2 minutes.
There you have your own Homemade Wooden Surface cleaner which will add a polished finish to your floor. Wooden surfaces require constant care, and for that, one must use good quality cleaners, and this cleaning solution provides bright glossy finish like they are brand.
Tip – Make sure you dry the wooden surface as quickly as possible to prevent any Wood rotting.
HOMEMADE DISINFECTANT PLUS CLEANER
For making homemade Disinfectant plus Cleaner,
- Take about 3-4 litres of warm water.
- Add ¼ cup of Borax.
- Mix them well for about 3 minutes.
There you have homemade floor disinfectant made in seconds.
Borax (Sodium tetraborate) is a white mineral in powdered form that has been used as a cleaning agent for many years. It helps get rid of stains, marks around the house.
Tip – Borax can be purchased from your local supermarket, or you can even order it online.
LAMINATE FLOOR AND TABLE CLEANER
For making homemade laminate surface cleaner
- Take 2 cups of hot water.
- Add ½ of cup vinegar.
- Finally add 5-10 drops essential oil (like Tea tree Oil, Peppermint Oil of your choice.
There you have your own homemade Laminate floor cleaner. It can also be handy for cleaning furniture like dining tables with laminate top, dressing tables and other home furniture.
Tip – For removing permanent marks made by a Marker or paint stains, you can use acetone / Nail polish remover.
For making homemade wooden surface Cleaner,
- Take ½ cup of warm water.
- Add ½ cup of Liquid dishwashing soap.
- Add 2 cups of baking soda.
- And finally, add two tablespoons of vinegar.
There you have a perfect homemade solution for cleaning old and dingy looking tiles of your home and making them look shining and brand new.
Tip – The junction of two tiles may contain dirt, clean them using an excess of water.
CEREMIC FLOOR CLEANER
For making homemade ceramic floor cleaner,
- Take 1 cup of hot water.
- Add 1 cup of Liquid detergent.
- Add 2-3 cups of baking soda.
- And finally, add two tablespoons of white vinegar.
Tip – Change your bucket of cleaning solution often so you won’t have a dirty mop that may leave nasty stains on the surface.
These were 6 Homemade Floor Cleaning Recipes that will help to make your Cleaning solutions for various types of floors, furniture and other kinds of surfaces that you wish to have a long-lasting shining and new look.
BENEFITS OF THESE HOMEMADE CLEANERS
Some of the significant benefits of using these homemade cleaning solutions include less harm to the environment and cost-effectiveness of the homemade cleaners. Detergents and other cleaning substances are non-biodegradable and stay forever in the ecosystem and causing pollution in our rivers and thus in our environment. So, by using less of these non-biodegradable substances, we can save our environment from environmental pollution, and we can thus save our world.